We seek applications from suitable candidates for Database Developer position.
- Develop code that processes and transforms data entered into the Oracle Database and populate a Data Warehouse used for IBM Cognos in near real time using PL/SQL.
- Tune code running against the database to optimise performance and resource utilisation.
- Investigate data issues to determine the root cause and implement fixes, coordinating with other teams where necessary.
- Be able to understand and carry out complex financial calculations and analyse data at the appropriate level for this role
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather business requirements for reporting and dashboard requirements.
- Develop data-cubes and trend company KPI's
- Be responsible for data quality, including prioritising data cleansing requirements
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge and querying capability in Oracle is essential
- Application development lifecycle skills and experience using Oracle and MySQL
- Experience in automating reports and self-service dashboards
- Ability to create, execute and update SQL scripts
- Experience in testing Data Warehouse, Database solutions and BI would be an added advantage
- Experience in manipulating databases and spreadsheets using SQL and advanced Excel
- Experience in collating data from multiple sources, presenting relevant information to teams
- Interest in exploring and using new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Oracle certification would be an advantage
- Minimum 1 year experience
Salary: Negotiable, based on skills and experience.
How to apply:
If interested, then email your CV to email@example.com on or before 31st May 2017 with the position applied, “Database Developer”, on the email Subject line. Include names and contact info of at least 2 referees whom you have worked with.