Who We Are?
Founded in 2007, Intervest stands as a pioneering software development venture, with operations spanning across Europe and an in-house development centre located in Sri Lanka. Our core focus lies in furnishing comprehensive IT support services, distinguished by their innovation, affordability, and uncompromising quality. Grounded in a diverse technological framework, we are dedicated to crafting tailor-made software solutions that cater to a wide spectrum of needs.
Our specialization rests in the creation of sophisticated multi-product, multi-currency e-Commerce platforms, tailored to the dynamic requirements of industries such as insurance, travel, and financial services. Within our organization, a dynamic workforce of 200 team members collaborates to drive these endeavours forward, ensuring excellence in every facet of our operations.
Intervest presents a remarkable milieu distinguished by its unique organizational culture, affording unparalleled flexibility and abundant avenues for professional progression. As an integral member of our dynamic global team, you will find yourself immersed in an environment conducive to honing your skills and embarking on an unparalleled journey of personal and professional growth.
Role: IT Business Analyst
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced IT Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. You will serve as the vital bridge between business goals and technology solutions within our organization. You will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between business needs and technical solutions. Your primary responsibility will be to analyze, document, and translate business requirements into functional specifications for various projects and initiatives. You will collaborate closely with stakeholders from different departments, including business leaders, project managers, developers, and quality assurance teams, to ensure successful project delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between the UK and offshore teams to gather and document business requirements and scope.
- Identify gaps in existing processes and coordinate with clients to develop feasible solutions.
- Process map the requirements agreed with the client so that these can be developed within the scope, time, and budget.
- Plan, develop, and provide impact analysis to technology systems, infrastructure, applications, and accelerators in line with customer needs and solution imperatives.
- Develop BRDs and other business documentation as necessary, with process, data, and system mapping at required levels and layers.
- Design and detail user stories to a point where developers and technical teams can understand them and develop them into their technical requirements through conversations with the business, stakeholders, and developers.
- Use development specifications to establish traceability from requirements to test cases.
- Design potential solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Manage risks and issues with end-to-end impact assessment and mitigation.
- Translate requirements into functional and non-functional (performance) specifications.
- Plan, develop, and provide quality assurance services on behalf of the service provider and the customer to assure the delivery is risk-managed, that there are no surprises, and that outcomes are delivered as expected and when expected. This will include reviewing acceptance tests associated with the acceptance criteria as needed.
- Plan, develop and provide end-to-end quality assurance for the project when applicable, including developing testing strategies, plans, test cases for user journeys, functional specifications, and applications.
- Functional and non-functional review of all changes made, new functionality developed, and new products developed. This can be at the end of each sprint cycle, after each iteration, and at the end of phases and project ends.
- Assist in developing test plans, creating and maintaining configuration documentation, operational procedures, and guidelines, identifying and documenting issues, and recommending resolutions.
- Manage the project and wider organization – be autonomous, self-motivated, curious, and open-minded.
- Attend Agile iteration sprints in general, and especially planning, demos, and retrospectives to provide input, and feedback, and improve the design and development process.
- Establish effective working relationships within the project team and with the wider dependent teams.
- Provide written and oral communication to stakeholders.
- Facilitate, plan, and conduct workshops.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Plan, conduct, and drive Agile – Scrum and Kanban, Jira, and Confluence elements of projects.
- Plan, develop, and provide relevant presentations to clients and stakeholders.
- Work with business and technology functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business management, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary: Negotiable, based on skills and experience
If interested, then email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st Oct with “Business Analyst ” in the email Subject line.